A 3 function manual hospital bed is a type of bed that can be adjusted to different positions using cranks. It is typically used in hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities to provide patients with a comfortable and supportive environment.
The three most common functions of a 3 function manual hospital bed are:
- Three adjustable sections:
- Backrest: Provides comfortable sitting and reclining positions.
- Leg rest: Elevates legs for improved circulation and pressure relief.
- Height: Adjusts bed height for easier transfers and caregiver access.
3 function manual hospital beds also have additional features, such as:
- Trendelenburg position: This position tilts the bed head-down, which can be helpful for patients who are at risk for aspiration.
- Reverse Trendelenburg position: This position tilts the bed head-up, which can be helpful for patients who have difficulty breathing.
- IV pole: An IV pole can be attached to the bed to hold an infusion bag.
- Trapeze bar: A trapeze bar can be attached to the bed for patients to use for support when they are getting in and out of bed.
Benefits of using a 3 function manual hospital bed:
- Improved comfort and support for patients: The bed can be adjusted to provide the patient with the most comfortable and supportive position.
- Reduced risk of falls: The bed can be lowered to make it easier for the patient to get in and out of bed.
- Increased independence for patients: The bed can be adjusted to allow the patient to perform some tasks independently, such as eating and reading.
- More efficient use of space: The bed can be folded up when not in use, which can save space in a hospital room.
Things to consider when purchasing a 3 function manual hospital bed:
- The patient’s needs: The bed should be able to accommodate the patient’s weight and height.
- The bed’s features: The bed should have the features that the patient needs.
- The bed’s price: The bed should be affordable.
- The bed’s warranty: The bed should have a good warranty.